San Raymundo, Guatemala
San Raymundo is located in the highlands one hour northwest of Guatemala City. Our groups of volunteers - physicians, nurse practioners, dentists, surgeons, nurses, translators, pharmacy staff, construction workers and other ancillary personnel - operate a week long clinic in a free-standing hospital. The trip is from Saturday to Saturday, although volunteers have an option to stay an additional night in Antigua at a cost of $75. We travel to Antigua for a nice hotel stay at the end of the trip. Refuge takes three teams to San Raymundo the last weeks in February and October of each year and the first week in August.
San Raymundo Trip Guidelines
updated August 2014
Please note that there are a limited number of spaces available on each trip and that volunteers will be accepted in the order they are received.
The following are required for reserving your place on a Refuge Medical Mission Trip:
- Online registration: make sure you note the location and the date of the trip
- Copy of current passport
- Copy of your professional license if applicable
- Copy of your airline travel itinerary (you are required to handle your own airfare - please note, designated flights for your trip can be found on the page related to each location)
- For 2014 trips, fee of $800; for 2015 trips, fee of $1,000. This covers in-country travel, food and lodging.
- A nonrefundable $200 deposit is required with your application; the remaining balance, as well as all other required information, is due 30 days prior to departure date. An additional $50 fee will be assessed if payment is not received within 30 days of departure. No refunds will be made if cancellation is within 30 days of departure. T-shirts and travel packet will be sent to you when the balance is paid.
Click the button below to send your mission fee or deposit, using your PayPal account or a credit card:
Once you have made the decision to participate in a medical mission, please review the information regarding our Change the World Program we ask our volunteers to participate in. Let us know if you have any questions.