Change the World Volunteer Fundraising Program
What is the Change the World Program?
First and most importantly, Refuge International wishes to express our appreciation for participating in our world-changing mission. As Mahatma Gandhi said, each of us must be the change we wish to see in the world. This may be your first step, hundredth or even thousandth step towards making the world a better place. Each of us can make a difference in the life of one person… one family… or one community at a time. Your participation in Refuge’s Change the World program helps pay for a substantial portion of the annual costs associated with our work.
We ask all volunteers to participate in the Change the World program. The idea is to allow others to participate in this world changing mission with you…one person…one family….one community at a time. You will find that friends, family, neighbours, co-workers, church members and others will be eager to support your involvement, financially and with their thoughts and prayers. They will rally in support of a cause that is important to you.
The Change the World Program does not pay for volunteer’s trip fees. These fees cover the costs of your food, lodging, travel, insurance and a portion of the supplies and equipment needed to make the changes we are seeking to make. But these fees do not cover all of the related expenses.
Change the World contributions help fund the following programs and projects:
- Support a full time hospital in Sarstun Guatemala
- Water drilling projects
- Medication, surgical supplies and equipment shipment costs
- Cervical cancer screening
- Transportation for patients traveling for surgical and medical care
- Laboratory and radiology testing
- Construction and repair of our current clinical sites as well as future sites
- Preventative dental program for children
- Operational costs
- Country wide deworming program
- Transportation and care of patients traveling to the US for surgical care through our Saul project
- Next >>